Home-Start is an organisation that makes a difference – and the difference is made by you
Home-Start is an organisation of committed people who are ready to reach out and touch the lives of others.
Home-Start people are resourceful and help families in many different ways. Their common goal is to support families through the early childhood years.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND HELP TURN LIVES AROUND
You can become involved and make a difference in a variety of ways and at a range of levels.
Trustees: We need good leaders
We are currently searching for a new Treasurer in Home-Start Worldwide – read more information here
Because Home-Start Worldwide is committed to providing the best support we can to our national and local Home-Start associations we need good leaders. This is so that Home-Starts throughout our worldwide network will provide the best possible services to families.
Home-Start Worldwide is run by an international Board of Trustees where nominated individuals from member associations together with independent experts join forces in order to sustain the international standards of Home-Start work and further develop the Home-Start international network. Our Trustees have all sorts of business and specialist skills, such as
• Management skills
• Financial and legal skills
• Child care, education, health, family support and social care expertise
• Fundraising, marketing, PR, media and IT skills
• Networking skills
• Business skills
If you think that you have the skills and are interested in providing this kind of volunteer support please contact us. Even if you do not wish to become a Trustee and would like to offer your skills to us we would welcome your input.
You could collaborate with Home-Start Worldwide:
• If you have special skills in international development, organisational and project management, child protection, fundraising, utilising social media etc., you could apply to become one of our trustees or offer your services in a more informal way as a “friend of HSW”
• You can, with our guidance, use your business or social entrepreneurial skills to set up Home-Start in a new country or help an existing Home-Start expand
• You can make a once-off donation to help us with our work or become a regular giver or fund raiser for us
• If you are a foundation, a trust, a corporation or a private enterprise you could consider sponsoring us on a long term basis or supporting one of our projects
If there is a Home-Start in your country, you could:
• Become a family support volunteer in an existing scheme or offer your skills and time in other voluntary activities supporting the scheme (if there is a scheme close to where you live)
• Become a management committee member and help lead existing Home-Start local schemes or a Home-Start national association
• Make a once-off donation to help their work; give regularly, fundraise for an individual Home-Start scheme or for a national Home-Start association
Whatever you do, you will be part of an active network of Home-Start people, making a difference directly or indirectly to children’s lives
HOW DO I BECOME INVOLVED
Home-Start Worldwide is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission for England and Wales