Home-Start is an organisation that makes a difference – and the difference is made by you
Home-Start is an organisation of committed people who are ready to reach out and touch the lives of others.
Home-Start people are resourceful and help families in many different ways. Their common goal is to support families through the early childhood years.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND HELP TURN LIVES AROUND
You can become involved and make a difference in a variety of ways and at a range of levels.
Trustees: We need good leaders
Because Home-Start Worldwide is committed to providing the best support we can to our national and local Home-Start associations we need good leaders. This is so that Home-Starts throughout our worldwide network will provide the best possible services to families.
Home-Start Worldwide is run by an international Board of Trustees where nominated individuals from member associations together with independent experts join forces in order to sustain the international standards of Home-Start work and further develop the Home-Start international network. Our Trustees have all sorts of business and specialist skills, such as
• Management skills
• Financial and legal skills
• Child care, education, health, family support and social care expertise
• Fundraising, marketing, PR, media and IT skills
• Networking skills
• Business skills
If you think that you have the skills and are interested in providing this kind of volunteer support please contact us. Even if you do not wish to become a Trustee and would like to offer your skills to us we would welcome your input.
You could collaborate with Home-Start Worldwide:
• If you have special skills in international development, organisational and project management, child protection, fundraising, utilising social media etc., you could apply to become one of our trustees or offer your services in a more informal way as a “friend of HSW”
• You can, with our guidance, use your business or social entrepreneurial skills to set up Home-Start in a new country or help an existing Home-Start expand
• You can make a once-off donation to help us with our work or become a regular giver or fund raiser for us
• If you are a foundation, a trust, a corporation or a private enterprise you could consider sponsoring us on a long term basis or supporting one of our projects
If there is a Home-Start in your country, you could:
• Become a family support volunteer in an existing scheme or offer your skills and time in other voluntary activities supporting the scheme (if there is a scheme close to where you live)
• Become a management committee member and help lead existing Home-Start local schemes or a Home-Start national association
• Make a once-off donation to help their work; give regularly, fundraise for an individual Home-Start scheme or for a national Home-Start association
Whatever you do, you will be part of an active network of Home-Start people, making a difference directly or indirectly to children’s lives
HOW DO I BECOME INVOLVED
DO YOU WISH TO START A HOME-START IN A NEW COUNTRY?
BECOME A HOME-START VOLUNTEER
Tens of thousands of people volunteer for Home-Start each year, offering their time and parental skills to support families who are finding it hard to cope. All our volunteers know what it’s like to be a parent, because almost all have raised children themselves. They offer non judgmental friendship and practical help to other parents, because they know from experience what a tough job parenting can be. Home-Start volunteers are trained and supervised in their work by a Home-Start professional.
When we talk to HS volunteers, they say the same thing over and over again, “We get back more than we give.” OTHER VOLUNTARY SUPPORT IS ALSO NEEDED
There are other ways to support a local scheme: Home-Starts are always happy to hear from people who wish to share their skills and volunteer to help Home-Start
THE EASIEST WAY IS TO CONTACT THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION IN YOUR COUNTRY.
HELP IN MAKING HOME-START WORLDWIDE FINANCIALLY STRONGER AND MORE SUSTAINABLE
AS AN INDIVIDUAL:
YOU CAN MAKE A MONTHLY OR ANNUAL DONATION TO HOME-START WORLDWIDE
• Do you have special skills in fundraising, connections that can help us? Please contact us so that we can explore the possibilities of you working with us in this area.
• You can leave a gift in your will (a legacy) giving thus the opportunity to extend your support to Home-Start after your death. We would appreciate you contacting us to arrange this.
IF YOU ARE A TRUST OR FOUNDATION:
Home-Start is a cost effective choice for any funder.
OUR IMPACT IS WELL DOCUMENTED AND OUR PRACTICE HAS RECEIVED THE HIGHEST AWARDS AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.
We pride ourselves on the relationships we build with our funding partners and enjoy working together to identify projects that ensure the funder meets their own objectives through a relationship with Home-Start Worldwide.
As well as raising funds for our core costs we also work with funders and Home-Start national associations to raise funds for projects at the international level or in specific countries. If you would like to discuss a project or a funding opportunity with Home-Start Worldwide please contact us
IF YOU ARE A PRIVATE ENTERPIRSE:
All over the world, we have worked with well-respected private enterprises that appreciate our work. As Home-Start Worldwide, we have the ability to coordinate partnerships at an international level so that support is focused on areas where it is needed.
Home-Start Worldwide is registered as a charity with the Charity Commission for England and Wales